Sunday, May 18, 2008

(These pictures are from three weeks ago)

Beautiful Houston Temple

The Houston Temple is only about two and a half hours from our house. It is a whole day event for us though. We have been trying to get a group together to do temple trips with so we can take turns watching the kids. I was surprised there were not more flowers out. I think we are in between seasons here. It is too hot for Spring flowers and the summer blossoms are not out.





Beach Bums
(click here for more beach pictures)
Dan and Elise Colton invited us to go to the beach with them. Andrew wasn't able to come but I went with the boys, it was their first time! I was so excited and so was Corbin. He was singing God Bless America on the way there. When we saw the first waves crashing on the sand he was ecstatic. "Look Mom! The ocean white with foam, God Blessed it didn't he ?" Carter loves the sandbox at home. This place was like heaven for him.
Until he discovered that beach sand is just as yucky as sandbox sand
Everyone was covered in sand and loving it.
This is about as close to the water as Corbin wanted to get. He was terrified that the waves were going to catch his toes. I finally managed to convince him to go into the water on my back. He thought that was pretty fun.
Ava on the other hand could not get enough of the big waves. She would have been happy to stay all day.
I spent a lot of my time sitting on the beach holding two unhappy little boys.
Nice Shades
I think all the kids were exhausted and very sandy. Corbin's face got a little burned. Ava got fried, poor gal. I still had a blast and I hope we can go again with Andrew. Next time I hope Corbin will be more of a sport.
All Clean!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corbin says the funniest things! I love it! It looks like the beach was tons of fun, and I love the temple pictures. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Beam Family said...

Looks like fun. What beach did you go to?

Tatiana said...

so cute!!!