Thursday, September 3, 2009

I survived the first week of Preschool!

and so did Corbin and Carter. These last few weeks have been very fast paced and busy for us. It was a lot of work trying to get things ready for doing preschool.It has been four years since I have taught and I have never taught from my home and it has been a little stressful working out the details. I have just been really excited to finally get to do this. I am teaching two class a total of five classes in a week. This week went great! The kids did excellent and they all seemed eager and excited to come back the next class.

It was nice to have Corbin in my classes for the first few days before his preschool started. After the kids went home all he wanted to play was "school" He wanted Carter and I to be the students. He was the teacher. It was really fun to see my lesson mirrored back to me. After a long day of teaching and being taught I was ready to just be Mommy again. So here are some pictures of some of the things we're doing so far. These pictures of from my four year old class. I didn't have my camera out for the younger class.
Art Projects
Writing our names.
Looking for letters in the sand and water table
Pretending to be frogs and hopping to numbered Lily pads
Circle Time
Painting
Building awesome Marble Mazes
Reading books and listening to books on tape
I am excited for another fun week next week!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Good work, Tiffany! It's obviously been too long since we've talked cause I had no idea you were doing this. I bet it is fantastic, you are so good with kids!